Good morning 1st grade parents!
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend! Here are a few reminders for this week:
1. Our field trip is tomorrow! We will be outside the entire time so please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather! Students should also be wearing their GWCS uniform and sneakers.
** We will eat a regular lunch and early snack at school tomorrow. Since we will be eating an early snack please pack your child a snack even if they ordered a pretzel (pretzels could possibly be delivered after our departure and I don't want kids to miss out on a snack!).
2. Sight words for this week: friend, full, good, hold, many, pull. The homework for this week is Math Lesson 2.9 (both sides) and Reading review pages 6 and 14 (both sides). They are both due on Friday but can be turned in earlier if they are completed.
3. Picture day is this Wednesday, October 16th! Don't forget picture day money and forms! Students may dress down for picture day.
4. This Friday is "Wear It Pink Day" to support breast cancer awareness month. More information to come!
5. Scholastic book orders may be placed at any time! https://clubs.scholastic.com/home Code: NG767
6. If you would like to make a donation to our classroom, our Amazon wishlist can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/37W0P53GUJ16J?ref_=wl_share
Thank you to everyone who has made donations!
7. We have gym on Thursday! Don't forget to wear your gym uniforms and sneakers!
8. Please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their locker appropriate for the new fall weather!
As always, if you have any questions, please let me know! Have a great week!
Good morning 1st grade parents!
I am so sorry! I just realized that my email never sent! Here are some reminders for this week:
1. Homework is coming home today! Reading (page 11 and 16) and Math review sheets (HW 2.5) are due back on Friday (double-sided). Please read and keep homework calendar in the back clear pocket of your child's green communication folder so it is easily accessible (one side is the homework calendar, the other side is class news).
2. Our first pretzel day is tomorrow:) Students who ordered a pretzel do not need to pack a snack! There will be a small amount of pretzels for sale for $1 if you would like to purchase one the day of but they are not guaranteed.
3. School is closed on Wednesday 10/9 in observance of Yom Kippur.
4. Field trip permission slips and money are due Tomorrow October 8th. Our first field to the Morris Arboretum is next Tuesday October 15th. I will be contacting chaperones shortly!
5. Picture Day is next Wednesday October 16th. More information to follow.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Let's have a great week:) Sorry again for the late email!!
Good afternoon 1st grade parents!
I hope you enjoyed the long weekend! Here are a few updates for this week:
1. Words to know this week are: all, me, does, my, here and who (*these will be the same words next week due to the short week). Our first homework calendar and homework sheets will go home on Monday, October 7th! More info to come!
2 We are going on a field trip to Morris Arboretum on Tuesday, October 15th! Field trip forms and information will be coming home today. Permission slips and money are due next Tuesday, October 6th.
3. We have GYM tomorrow! Don't forget to wear your gym uniform!
4. Green Woods has a brand new online store! Families are encouraged to buy some fun swag to show your love for Green Woods:
Green Woods Charter School Swag Store
5. This Friday, October 4th is a $1 Dress Down Day!
6. Thank you to all of the families who purchased items off of our Amazon classroom wish list! Your generosity is greatly appreciated :)
7. Don't forget Scholastic Book orders can be placed at anytime! I will be placing a bulk order at the end of this week! https://clubs.scholastic.com/newparents
Class Code: NG767
Thank you for your continued support! As always, if you have any questions please let me know! Have a wonderful day!
Good morning 1st grade families!
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend! Here are some important reminders for this upcoming week!
1. Sight words coming home this week are: do, funny, find, no, sing, and they. We will be focusing on being a school community and why it is important to go to school.
2. Back to School night is on Wednesday evening at 6:00pm! I will be sharing my powerpoint after Back to School night for parents unable to attend. I look forward to meeting all of you on Wednesday night!
3. I have attached the link for our classroom wish list that is in my presentation. Any classroom donations are greatly appreciated :)
4. We have an early dismissal this Friday, 9/27 at 12:00pm. We will be eating lunch on Friday but at an earlier time (we are on a modified schedule that day). School is closed on Monday, 9/30 and Tuesday, 10/1.
5. The first grade team is planning our first field trip for this trimester! More info to come soon! If you are interested in being a chaperone, please make sure your clearances are up to date and on file!
As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out:) Have a wonderful day!
If you are interested in making a classroom donations, wish list items can be found here:
Thanks so much for your help and support for a wonderful year!
Good morning first grade families!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Here are a few reminders for this coming week:
1. Sight words for this week are coming home today. This week's words: for, look, have, he, too, what. **Please review them nightly!
2. A sight word beginning of the year assessment will be coming home with your child today. Please review the highlighted words with your student in addition to the weekly sight words!
3. Pretzel money and forms are due this Friday 9/20. Please make sure you complete the form and send the money in an envelope with your child's name on it!
4. Back to school night is next Wednesday, 9/25 at 6:00pm (moved from 5:30)! I look forward to meeting all of you next week!
5. Please send in a change of clothes for your child to keep in their locker just in case of a lunch, art, outdoor, or bathroom accident that may happen during the day.
6. Don't forget our GYM day is on Thursday! Please make sure your child is wearing their GWCS uniform!
As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lets have a great week!
Good afternoon 1st grade families!
Here are a few updates in regards to 1st grade lunch. Hopefully this will answer any concerns or questions you may have:
Thank you so much for your help and support. Have a great day!
Good morning 1st grade parents!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Here are a few reminders for this week:
1. Pretzel day forms and money are due Friday, September 20th!
2. Don't forget to send in your signed art forms from Ms. M!
3. Thursday is our gym day (wear your GWCS gym uniform). *Please make sure it follows school dress code!
4. Please send in any late supplies/supply fees this week. Thank you!
5. This Wednesday is Rita's Celebrity Scoopers :) I will be scooping from 3:30-4pm. Please come by and visit!
6. ***Our first set of 1st grade sight words will be coming home with your child today as well as a home letter explaining what we will be learning in reading this week. Please spend some time this week reviewing the words. See below for some fun ways to practice our words!
7. Don't forget to check your child's folder each night and empty the "Keep at Home" side on a daily basis.
As always if you have any questions, please let me know. Have a great week!