Good morning 1st grade families!
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend! Here are some important reminders for this upcoming week!
1. Sight words coming home this week are: do, funny, find, no, sing, and they. We will be focusing on being a school community and why it is important to go to school.
2. Back to School night is on Wednesday evening at 6:00pm! I will be sharing my powerpoint after Back to School night for parents unable to attend. I look forward to meeting all of you on Wednesday night!
3. I have attached the link for our classroom wish list that is in my presentation. Any classroom donations are greatly appreciated :)
4. We have an early dismissal this Friday, 9/27 at 12:00pm. We will be eating lunch on Friday but at an earlier time (we are on a modified schedule that day). School is closed on Monday, 9/30 and Tuesday, 10/1.
5. The first grade team is planning our first field trip for this trimester! More info to come soon! If you are interested in being a chaperone, please make sure your clearances are up to date and on file!
As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out:) Have a wonderful day!
If you are interested in making a classroom donations, wish list items can be found here:
Thanks so much for your help and support for a wonderful year!
Good morning first grade families!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Here are a few reminders for this coming week:
1. Sight words for this week are coming home today. This week's words: for, look, have, he, too, what. **Please review them nightly!
2. A sight word beginning of the year assessment will be coming home with your child today. Please review the highlighted words with your student in addition to the weekly sight words!
3. Pretzel money and forms are due this Friday 9/20. Please make sure you complete the form and send the money in an envelope with your child's name on it!
4. Back to school night is next Wednesday, 9/25 at 6:00pm (moved from 5:30)! I look forward to meeting all of you next week!
5. Please send in a change of clothes for your child to keep in their locker just in case of a lunch, art, outdoor, or bathroom accident that may happen during the day.
6. Don't forget our GYM day is on Thursday! Please make sure your child is wearing their GWCS uniform!
As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lets have a great week!
Good afternoon 1st grade families!
Here are a few updates in regards to 1st grade lunch. Hopefully this will answer any concerns or questions you may have:
Thank you so much for your help and support. Have a great day!
Good morning 1st grade parents!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Here are a few reminders for this week:
1. Pretzel day forms and money are due Friday, September 20th!
2. Don't forget to send in your signed art forms from Ms. M!
3. Thursday is our gym day (wear your GWCS gym uniform). *Please make sure it follows school dress code!
4. Please send in any late supplies/supply fees this week. Thank you!
5. This Wednesday is Rita's Celebrity Scoopers :) I will be scooping from 3:30-4pm. Please come by and visit!
6. ***Our first set of 1st grade sight words will be coming home with your child today as well as a home letter explaining what we will be learning in reading this week. Please spend some time this week reviewing the words. See below for some fun ways to practice our words!
7. Don't forget to check your child's folder each night and empty the "Keep at Home" side on a daily basis.
As always if you have any questions, please let me know. Have a great week!