Good morning 1st grade parents! Here are a few updates for this week:
1. Tomorrow (Day 2) is our gym day! Students should wear their gym uniforms!
2. Words to know this week: animal, how, make, some, way, of
3. Math homework this week is an addition review sheet (piles of pumpkins review). Reading homework is Short i and Clusters with r (pages 14 and 15). Both are due on Friday!
*Monthly homework log is due this Friday! Please make sure the calendar is completed and signed!!
4. Halloween: No homework! Have fun trick or treating :) I will keep you posted if there will be any Halloween festivities this week.
5. IMPORTANT: There are two cases of lice in first grade. Please make sure to check your child for lice and read the attached document below. There is also a place that offers head checks as well that a parent shared with me:
Center for Lice Control
68 W Eagle Rd, Havertown, PA 19083
As always, if you have any questions please let me know! Have a wonderful week!
This is reminder that tomorrow is a half day for students (noon dismissal). We will have snack but we do not have lunch. All reading and math homework are due tomorrow as well as any late signed tests. We are also still collecting coins for UNICEF! All donations are greatly appreciated!
Don't forget about our upcoming Silent Auction on Saturday, December 1st (see flyer in your email for more details)! We hope to see you there!
I am looking for donations of 5-7 sturdy reusable tote bags that can hold 5-7 lunches in them. If you have any at home that you no longer use and would like to donate that would be wonderful!
Thanks so much and have a great day!
Good afternoon 1st Grade Parents!
Here are a few reminders/Updates for this week:
1. Math Homework this week is Lesson 2.5 (both sides in their GW folder)
2. Reading Homework this week is Page 11 and 16 (both sides in their GW folder)
**Don't forget homework is due on Friday!
3. New words to know for this week are: here, me, all, does, who and my. *Flashcards were sent home for students to practice on a nightly basis!
4. Don't forget Rita's Celebrity Scooper's is happening this Wednesday after school! I hope to see you there :)
5. Please sign up for parent/teacher conferences by Friday. No changes may be made after that date. The link is:
6. Don't forget to turn in Family Surveys and Kids Stuff Books (or money to purchase the books!). They were due today!
7. Please make sure to write your child's name on their snack daily! We have had a few snack mix ups over the last week!
8. Don't forget Gym is on Friday (Day 2)!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions! Have a wonderful week!
Good morning 1st grade parents!
Fall conferences are right around the corner and I wanted to give you some time to figure out your schedules so that you are able to sign up for a conference on Thursday, October 18th or Friday, October 19th. Please pick a time slot that works best for you. Conferences can be in person or on the phone (if you chose a phone conference please leave the best number to reach you).
If you need to make any changes to your sign up time please let me know as soon as possible. Conferences are 15 minutes long and will run back to back so please be sure you are on time for your conference! Missed or late arrivals will need to be rescheduled at another time. Please let me know if you have any questions.
*CONFERENCE SIGN UPS WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12th! PLEASE SIGN UP BY THEN!!
Have a wonderful day!
p.s. Kids Stuff coupon books are due Monday, October 8th. If you are not purchasing the book please send it back to school! Thank you!!
Good morning 1st grade parents!
This week begins the start of homework in 1st grade! Your child will be coming home today with a homework log/monthly news which will be in the back pocket of their Green Woods folder (please read both sides of the sheet!!). They will also have new flashcards for the words to know for this week (they are also listed weekly on the hw calendar). I am also sending home reading and math homework sheets that are double-sided and will be due on Friday (they can turn them in earlier if they finish before then). Lastly, I will be sending home their Reading tests. Please sign and return them to me by this Wednesday, October 3rd. The math test will be coming home this week as well so be on the look out for the test to be signed and returned as well!
Don't forget we have gym on Thursday (Day 2)! Also, I am still collecting box tops until October 22nd! Kid Stuff books should also be returned or order forms by the end of this week.
If you placed an online order from Scholastic it should arrive late this week or early next week! I will place my next order on October 31st! Remember that you may order at any time during the month online!
Thank you again to all of the parents who sent in classroom donations! Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Have a wonderful week and as always, if you have any questions please let me know!
Have a great week :)