Welcome back First Grade Families,
I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun Thanksgiving break! Here are some reminders for this upcoming week:
1. LifeTouch picture retakes are TOMORROW, 11/27
2. Words to know this week are: eat, give, one, put, small, & take
3. Pretzel money is due by Monday, December 3rd. Don't forget to put the form and exact cash in an envelope!
4. The end of the 1st trimester is this Friday, Nov. 30th.
5. The November homework calendar is due this Friday Nov. 30th. A new calendar will be coming home on Monday for December!
6. Gym is on Wednesday (Day 2). Don't forget gym uniforms and sneakers!
As always if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and have a great week!
Good afternoon 1st grade parents!
This is just a quick reminder that tomorrow is a half day (we do have snack but do NOT have lunch) and we dismiss at noon. Tomorrow is also the last day for the food drive. Thank you to everyone who has made donations to help those in need!
Today I also sent home the famous Pretzel Day forms! Forms and Money are due Monday, December 3 and should be in a sealed envelope with exact change. Please direct any pretzel day questions to Mrs. Dahms at email@example.com. **Pretzel days begins Tuesday, December 11th and will be every Tuesday through March 5th. If your child is ordering pretzels those days they will not need a snack on Tuesdays!
Lastly, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and long weekend! I am thankful for such supportive parents and wonderful students!! Enjoy :)
Good Morning First Grade Families,
1. There is no homework this week! Take the time to spend it with family and friends :)
2. This Wednesday we have a 12:00 early dismissal. We do not have lunch on 1/2 days but will have snack. We are off Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday! Enjoy the time off!!
3. Lifetouch picture retakes are on Tuesday, November 27th.
4. We are still collecting items for the food drive until this Wednesday! Thank you to everyone who has made a donation :)
Have a wonderful week and thank you for your continued support!
Good afternoon 1st grade parents! Here are a few updates for this:
1. Words to know this week: after, read, draw, was, pictures, write
2. Homework for this week is Reading pages 11-12 (both sides) and Math Homework is Math Practice 4.1 (both sides). Both are due on Friday!
3. Scholastic orders may be placed online at any time! Please notify me when you place an order so I can make sure it is shipped ASAP!
4. We are still collecting items for the food drive! All donations are greatly appreciated :)
5. Chaperones have been selected for the upcoming field trips and they have already been notified. If any cancellations occur, new chaperones will be contacted. Thank you to everyone who volunteered to chaperone our trip! I greatly appreciate your support :)
6. Gym is on Friday (Day 2)! Wear gym uniforms and sneakers!
As alway if you have any questions, please let me know! Have a great week!
Here are a few updates/reminders for this week:
1. New HW Logs were sent home today! Please read over both sides! Each night your child should color in the star to show that they completed their HW each night. Every week a parent should be signing their homework log as well. At the end of the month, parents should sign the top of the homework log before turning it in to the teacher. HW logs are due the last day of November!
2. Math Homework this week is 3.10 (both sides) and Reading Homework is Page 17 and 19 (double sided). Both are due on Friday!
3. Words to know this week: would, her, now, our, she, today
4. Important dates:
Friday, November 9th -Field trip forms and money are due! If you would like to be a chaperone, all clearances must be on file!
Monday, November 12th-No School (Veteran's Day)!
Wednesday, November 21st-1/2 day (noon dismissal)
Thursday, November 22-Friday, November 23rd- No school (Thanksgiving Break)
5. Gym is on Wednesday (Day 2)! Don't forget gym uniforms and sneakers :)
As always, if you have any questions please let me know! Have a great day!
Hello 1st grade parents!
I wanted to let you know that we are going on a field trip to Adventure Aquarium! The trip will take place on Wednesday, December 12th from 9:30-2:45. All field trip information is being sent home today as well as the permission slip. The cost of the trip is $21 and it may be paid in cash or by money order made out to GWCS. Please send exact change only with the permission slip in an envelope with your child's name on it.
All field trip forms and money are due next Friday, November 9th. If you are interested in chaperoning, please check off the box on the permission slip and make sure all of your clearances are already on file and up to date with the office. If you are selected to be a chaperone we ask that you pay the admission fee of $13.50. I will contact you if you have been selected soon! If you have any questions please let me know!
Also, picture day orders come home today! They will be in your child's Green Woods folder.
As always, if you have any questions please let me know! Thanks so much and have a great day!