Good morning 1st grade parents!
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend! Here are a few reminders for this week:
1. Our field trip is tomorrow! We will be outside the entire time so please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather! Students should also be wearing their GWCS uniform and sneakers.
** We will eat a regular lunch and early snack at school tomorrow. Since we will be eating an early snack please pack your child a snack even if they ordered a pretzel (pretzels could possibly be delivered after our departure and I don't want kids to miss out on a snack!).
2. Sight words for this week: friend, full, good, hold, many, pull. The homework for this week is Math Lesson 2.9 (both sides) and Reading review pages 6 and 14 (both sides). They are both due on Friday but can be turned in earlier if they are completed.
3. Picture day is this Wednesday, October 16th! Don't forget picture day money and forms! Students may dress down for picture day.
4. This Friday is "Wear It Pink Day" to support breast cancer awareness month. More information to come!
5. Scholastic book orders may be placed at any time! https://clubs.scholastic.com/home Code: NG767
6. If you would like to make a donation to our classroom, our Amazon wishlist can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/37W0P53GUJ16J?ref_=wl_share
Thank you to everyone who has made donations!
7. We have gym on Thursday! Don't forget to wear your gym uniforms and sneakers!
8. Please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their locker appropriate for the new fall weather!
As always, if you have any questions, please let me know! Have a great week!